Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bead Embroidery Class 7/25/09

A close up shot of red cabbage from our garden. It just looked so pretty! Nothing to do with embroidery...but it would make a wonderful color combo for one.

My mostly finished piece from a prior post. I still need to back it and decide what to do with it...pendant or brooch. What do you think? Center stone is from Earthenwood Studio. Surround is made from Czech pressed glass, button pearls, Japanese seed beads and Czech seed beads.

Pat's work in progress. Center stone is Kambaba Jasper. Surround is Japanese seed beads.

Mary's work in progress (already named Lydia). Center stone is from Earthenwood Studios. Surround is made from Japanese seed beads and stick pearls.

Marie's work in progress. Larger center stone is from Earthenwood Studios, small center stone is Kambaba Jasper from and surround beads are Japanese & Czech seed beads.

Gayle's work in progress. Center stone is from Earthenwood Studio. Surround is Japanese and Czech Seed beads.

Ellen's Work in Progress. Center stone is from Earthenwood Studio with surround in Miyuki seed beads.

Hope you enjoyed pictures of our class projects. I think everyone had lots of fun in class. It's very different from what they have learned from me and very different from what I've ever taught.


Today I taught Russian Spiral. I haven't taught that one in awhile so it was a bit of a refresher for me. I remember why I was really hooked on this stitch when I first started beading!

I just couldn't resist....my Russian Spiral is made with 1.8mm Miyuki cubes and 8/0 seed beads. The clasp is a copper magnetic clasp.
Enjoy and Bead Happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment